ASC2013 Scientific Program App
Download the 2013 Annual Scientific Congress Scientific Program app to your Apple iPad or Google tablet and be able to:
- view the scientific program electronically
- create your own custom program or save presentations of interest for future reference*
- read abstracts for presentations (the presentations that have supplied abstracts)
- view e-poster presentations*
*requires login to the Virtual Congress
Get the App here:
Click Here for iPad version
Click Here for Google Android version
ASC2013 Update Summary
- Final Scientific Program now available – Click here to download
- ANZ Journal of Surgery Supplement now available online – click here to view
- ASC Evaluation Form is now online – Click here to fill out
Dear Fellows, Trainees and Associates
Kia Ora. We are very excited to invite you to attend the ASC 2013 to be held in Auckland, one of the most liveable cities in the world and the gateway to incomparable New Zealand. Why don’t you bring your family and friends to discover the famous activities and hospitality throughout this city and land.
‘Sustainable Surgery’ is the theme of the meeting and it will shape a plenary program that examine four themes:
• Sustainable technology and health service delivery
• Sustainable training and workforce development
• Sustainable surgical research and innovation
• A Sustainable role for the College
The special speakers at this ASC will provoke and stimulate. Sir Peter Gluckman will give the Syme Oration at the Convocation and Sir Ray Avery will deliver the President’s Lecture. Professor Murray Brennan has accepted our invitation to attend the meeting as the BJS Distinguished Lecturer, and Professor Charles McGhee will be the ANZJS Lecturer. To these distinguished speakers can be added a host of renowned surgical leaders who will make telling contributions to every section throughout the week. A full range of breakfast session Masterclasses are planned and the section dinners will use the best restaurants and venues that Auckland has to offer.
An appealing and stimulating scientific program, convened by Professor Andrew Hill and section conveners, is being carefully put together. A total of 23 section programs are to be convened in addition to a special program on Indigenous Health. The program will have breadth and depth, theory and practice, and provide plenty of discussion within and between specialties. The committee acknowledges the excellent support the education program has received from our New Zealand industry partners.
There is an extensive Associates program highlighting Auckland’s natural assets and social life. You will return home from ASC 2013 ready to invigorate your surgical practice and provide the very best of patient care.
We look forward to welcoming you to Auckland in May 2013.
Professor John A Windsor FRACS Professor Andrew G Hill FRACS
ASC Convener ASC Scientific Convener