Simple ways to make your stay more environmentally friendly
If you’re staying at a hotel during the ASC, you have a lot of control over the environmental impact of your stay. Seek out programs that your hotel may already have in place and take advantage of these to help reduce your environmental impact.
Consider the below to make your stay as green as possible:
- Unplug appliances (coffee maker, hair dryer etc) when not in use. Appliances drain energy even when they’re idle
- Pack your own toiletries
- Keep your showers short and shut off the water while brushing your teeth
- Turn off all the lights and television when you leave the room
- Adjust the thermostat (raising or lowering the temperature just a couple of degrees has a significant impact).
- Turn off the thermostat when you’re not there
- Bring a re-usable water bottle, refill it rather than using the complimentary throwaway hotel water bottles
- Opt out of house keeping – leave the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door. (The average hotel can save the equivalent of 30 bathtubs per month with a linen and towel re-use program).
- Speak up – provide feedback to hotel management on their eco-friendly policies
- Recycle – When checking in, ask if your hotel has a recycling program. If not urge them to start one! If you have recyclables in your room and your hotel doesn’t sort your waste, bring them with you each morning to the MCEC and place them in one of the many appropriate recycling bins around the venue
- Walk, ride or catch public transport during your stay
RACS ASC 2021 Accommodation
Our accommodation option for the RACS ASC 2021 is within 5 minutes walk to the Congress venue; the MCEC, eliminating the need for delegates to use transport to get to the venue.
If you have already booked your accommodation or are deciding which hotel is best for you, click on the link below to read through the environmental policy the Crown Metropol has in place.