2019 ASC App for Android and iOS is Now Available
The 2019 ASC app is now available in the app store for Android and iOS devices.
To fully utilise all functionality within the app i.e. create a custom schedule, take notes on specific sessions, ask questions to a presenter, you must have an active account for the Virtual Congress (have a login and password). This login is separate to your College account/ASC registration.
- View your selected scientific programs
- Create your own customised program
- Ask a question via the app
- Take notes
- View Presentations* and E-Posters
*Presentations will be available with the permission of the presenter
PDF copies of each disciplines program can found here.
Quick Guide to Using the App
Once you have downloaded the RACS ASC App, login using your Virtual Congress details (separate to your RACS login details). Otherwise you can register to create an account (no charge).
On the main screen tap on the menu icon on the top left to view the menu options.
– Search will scan for keywords in the selected ASC year
– ASC year selection, gives you access current and archived ASC program content
– On Now will show you whats happening within the next couple hours
– Event Info provides specific details of the Annual Scientific Congress
– Program will display the scientific program. Use filters to choose certain disciplines, session types
– Posters will display ePoster presentations.
– My Notes will display any notes you have created
– My Schedule will display presentations/sessions that you have flagged
Viewing the scientific program and creating your own program/schedule
– Tap on the Program menu option from the main menu
– You will see the Filter options at the top, program days (swipe left and right to view days) and the sessions below
– Tap on the Filter to apply discipline selection/s and/or session type selections
– Tap on the day to view the program for that day
– Tap on the session to view the session details/presentations within the session
– You can tap on the + icon to add the session to your ‘My Schedule’
Within the session details screen, you can view the presentation details.
For each presentation you can:
– View the Presenter CV (if provided)
– View the presentation abstract (if provided)
– Create Notes that’s linked to the presentation
– Ask a Question to the session chair (Session chair/s will only see questions in the session of the presentation)
– Add the presentation to your ‘My Schedule’ via the + icon
Viewing Poster Presentations
Tap on the Posters option from the main menu
Apply Filter options to filter Posters based on selected disciplines
Tap on the Poster preview image to view the poster, you can pinch to zoom in on the poster
Viewing your ‘My Schedule’
Tap on the My Schedule option from the main menu
You can tap on the – icon to remove presentations/sessions from your ‘My Schedule’