INSTRUCTIONS FOR E-POSTER PRESENTERS
E-Posters are to be created using the MS PowerPoint program. Please use the template provided below when creating your E-Poster.
E-Poster Presentation Acceptance Form - Download (pdf)
E-Posters will be displayed at various points around the Exhibition throughout the conference week on 40″ LCD displays.
E-Posters must conform to the guidelines below in order to be viewable on displays at the ASC.
- Created using the template provided (Use 1 Slide Only)
- Text Size must be readably from at least 1 metre away (minimum font size 16pt)
- Images to be 1MB or smaller
(Larger images will not show any quality differences on display screens and will slow your presentation)
- Images to be in a Jpeg (*.jpg) file format. Images of different file formats are not supported
- Short Video/Animated Gifs will be supported
- Videos are to be no longer then two minutes in length
- Videos must be in Mpeg4 (*.mpg) file format. Videos of different formats are not supported
- No audio
- You must use the template slide as your starting point. This template’s dimension has been set to display on the 40″ LCD screen correctly.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VERBAL PRESENTERS
The Kojo Group will be managing audio-visual and speaker support services for the 2013 Annual Scientific Congress in Auckland.
PowerPoint Template – Download (pptx)
Please put your surname in the filename of your presentation. e.g. ASCpresJohnSmith.pptx Do not use a generic filename such as ASC2013.pptx
Submit your presentation using the form at the bottom of this page.
To ensure that every speaker is presented in the most professional way, the following guidelines should apply:
- It is essential that all speakers check-in at the Speaker Support Centre at your soonest convenience and in any case not less than two sessions prior to your presentation. This is to ensure that the correct version of your presentation is transferred to the session room in good time, and to check that any embedded media such as video or audio files are working correctly on the Congress systems.
- ‘Last minute’ submissions hamper the speaker support operation, impacting negatively on your fellow presenters and significantly increasing the risk of there being a problem with your presentation.
- A PowerPoint template is available for downloading here: RACS_2013_Speaker_Template. The template reflects the theme for the Congress and provides examples of suggested text sizes and fonts. For guidelines on using the template, click here.
- Only presentations in PowerPoint are supported. Any variation to this format should be advised by Monday 15th April. Please contact: email@example.com
- Presentations should be submitted for review at least two weeks in advance of the Congress: by Friday 19th April 2013. Presentations can be uploaded using the upload form at the bottom of this page.
- Please ensure that any media files (embedded movies and/or audio clips) are included when uploading your presentation.
- PC or Mac based PowerPoint formats are accepted.
- If you require assistance converting your presentation from print, photos, video etc. please contact Kojo not later than Monday 15h April 2013.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING DISCLOSURE OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST
- RACS policy requires disclosure of all financial relationships between a speaker and the commercial supporter (if applicable) or with the manufacturer of any product or class of products they plan to discuss. This policy is designed to provide the audience with an opportunity to review any affiliations between a speaker and supporting organisations for the purpose of determining the potential presence of bias or influence over content.
- This policy is not intended to prevent a speaker with such an affiliation or relationship from participating.
- Disclosure should be made using a slide at the beginning of your presentation.
- Examples of relationships which should be disclosed include but are not limited to:
- any direct financial interest in a company whose interests are in the area(s) covered by the educational material
- investments held by the speaker in a relevant company
- membership on a relevant company’s advisory board or similar committee
- current or recent participation in a clinical trial sponsored by a relevant company
- assisting in the design of clinical studies concerning the use of products manufactured by a relevant company.
- participating in clinical studies using products produced by a relevant company.
- research by the speaker sponsored by a relevant company
- paid speaker by a relevant company.
- the speaker holds a patent for a product referred to in the presentation or marketed by a relevant company
- To ensure that audiences receive complete information, speakers who have no involvement with industry should inform the audience that they have nothing to disclose, i.e., cannot identify any potential conflict of interest.
SUBMITTING YOUR PRESENTATION
- Upload your presentation via the congress website at http://asc.surgeons.org. You must be registered to access the upload page. Please note if your presentation includes multiple files, you must compress / zip them together to create a single folder for upload.
- Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note there is a 10MB limit for email submissions)
- Alternatively you can send your PowerPoint on CD-ROM, DVD or USB thumb drive to:
Speaker support co-ordinator
Kojo, 15 Newton St. Cremorne, VIC 3121. AUSTRALIA
Your cooperation in early submission and check-in on site will allow the AV team to ensure that your presentation runs seamlessly.
WEBCAST ON THE ANSELL VIRTUAL CONGRESS
Speaker presentations are expected to be published on the Virtual Congress website within 48 hours of delivering your presentation at the Congress, subject to your consent.
If you have any queries or concerns about your presentation please contact Kojo’s speaker support co-ordinator on +61 3 9815 7700 or at email@example.com